Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Presents for Snowie

Well good evening folks, hope you have all had a good day today.  Would you believe I have almost finished my Christmas shopping - yep - well to be fair I don't have that much to buy present wise but I have the most important ones now so the pressure is off.  Wonderful feeling isn't it?
Well, tonight's post is another DT sample I made for Sheila's Challenge at My Craft Creations - All Things Christmas hope you have entered, it is a super prize.
I began with my normal 6x6 plain white card and some matting and layering.  Again the backing paper was a freebie from the Making Cards Magazine - Christmas edition from last year I think.  Do you know, I raided all my making cards magazines and you would be surprised how much backing paper I now have, I haven't had to print our any Christmas backing paper this year - brill.

The image is a stamp I have had for a few years now but I love it so much it comes out every Christmas.  I think it a Sugar Nellie one.  I stamped in black versafine ink and clear embossed it.  I then coloured it in with a mixture of copics and spectrum noir pens.   I also used a sakura pen in places to give a hint of glitter.  I then cut him out, shaped him and placed him on the nestie using glue gel.
The poinsettia is die cut using mirri card and Marianne dies as were the leaves.  All finished off with some ribbon and another die cut from memory box.
Hope you like tonight's post.  Thank you for popping by and good luck in the challenge.
I have entered this card into the following challenge: -

18 comments:

  1. great card love the image txx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card , fab image
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet! eeeeeeekkkk! I love your card, the image is just too cute & the colours are fab!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, I love the snowman and the poinsettia is beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the snowman he is wonderful. A stunning Christmas card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, love the image, and brilliant poinsettia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. One off my favourite images from Sugar Nellie, love this card, fabulous, you could enter this into our Glitter N Sparkle this week, "many layers" xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. Beautifully coloured. I wish I was as organised as you with my Christmas shopping. I've bought nothing! It's always so hard as we have four birthdays in November so it's birthday pressie buying first then Christmas.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love the snowman he's so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card love the image and poinsettia. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Forever Friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don`t know why but snowmen always make me smile :) love your card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I said before, a gorgeous card, thank you for joining in the Glitter n Sparkle Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh great card!! And yes it is a great feeling knowing you've got most of the pressie's sorted! I too have been very good and got them already! Even wrapped! :)
    Back to the card- that image is fantastic! I would be bringing him ou year after year too! Adorable! Great colours! Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love the image and colours. Good luck with the challenges. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete