Good morning folks. Today is the start of a new challenge over at Crafting from the Heart.
The theme is 'Anything Goes' and our sponsor is: -
the winner will receive
three images of winners choice
My Shopping List
Distress markers - Wild Honey | Chipped Sapphire | Forest Moss
White C5 base card
blue card and lemon card
leaf embossing folder
- I first printed out my digi image onto Copic Xpress It card in draft quality and left it for a day to ensure it is all dry.
- I then fussy cut my image out - actually I used my brother scan n cut using the direct cut facility and a 0.04mm outline.
- I then coloured it in using the above mentioned distress markers. I haven't used these for a while and thought the watercolour look would be good for this image. The middle of the flower is a big glob of dries clear glue covered with blue/black glitter.
- My layout idea was obtained from Sue Wilson, I always struggle with layouts and often look at her blog for ideas and inspiration.
- To achieve the layout I matted a piece of blue card onto my base card then cut two mats of lemon card. I distressed them around the edges with scissors. I also embossed the top layer with a leaves embossing folder.
- I cut my frame from the middle of the blue mat card using a tonic die.
- After assembling my card I finished off with some gems.
To see some more ideas why not pop over to the Crafting from the Heart blog where you will find more samples from our design team. Whilst you are there, don't forget to enter the challenge for a chance to win some super digi stamps from our sponsor.
To see more digi stamps from our sponsor please follow the link above.
Crafting from the Heart also have a Facebook page which is full of inspiration, hints and tips from fellow crafters.
The winners and Top 3 from the last challenge can be found here.
Thank you for stopping by. See you again I hope and do take care.