Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Monday 2 June 2014

Eureka Scarecrow & Sunflower - Crafting from the Heart Challenge 21.

Good morning crafters and followers.  Monday 2nd June, gosh isn't this year going fast?  It's hard to believe we are half way through 2014 and I don't know where the first six months has gone - apparently that just means I am getting old hee hee.

Well, my post today is my DT sample for Challenge 21 at Crafting from the Heart. As usual it is 'Anything Goes' and

Our Sponsors are: -
Eureka Stamps
Offering a prize of 5 digi images

Eureka Stamps

Offering a prize of £15 voucher

My Shopping List

Eureka Scarecrow & Sunflower digi stamp
Copics - E30 | E31 | R37 | Y15 | Y11 | G29 | G94 | G99 | B24 | B28 | B26
Embossing folder - couture 'encaustic'
Tattered lace dies - lavish blooms aster | leaves | cherished centres
Spellbinders labels 23
Tim Holtz distress inks - gathered twigs | forest moss | wild honey
C5 plain white card base
piece of white card
piece of pale orange card
That special touch mask

  1. I always start with my image, print that out a couple of days before I want to use it and then colour it in using my copic markers as listed above.  I find this the best way for me because I can use whatever colours I feel like at the time and then design my card from there.
  2. I nearly always use a plain white base card and in this instance it is a C5 in size followed by a piece of pale orange card as a mat.
  3. I then took another piece of white card and using a mask and wild honey distress ink I inked through it - sorry but I have thrown the packet away so can't tell you exactly which one it was.
  4. I then ran that through couture encaustic embossing folder extending it because of the size of the card and matted that onto my pale orange card.
  5. Sometime ago Joanna Sheen was selling two lots of rafia type ribbon in green and red in her specials section and I bought some, as you do, this is what I have used behind my image, hopefully it will give my card that rustic look.
  6. I die cut my image using spellbinders labels 23 and inked around the edges with wild honey distress inks.
  7. I then cut a 'faux' mask out of the pale orange card. (for beginners, a faux mask is simply drawing around the around the outside of your die and hand cutting it out, this way you have a slightly larger mat).  I affixed my image to my card using pinflair so this would also help the rafia stick too.
  8. Now onto my embellishments.  For my followers and regular readers you will know I am flower mad.  So going through my flower die stash I used my tattered lace lavish blooms aster, leaves and cherished centres.
  9. I die cut two large asters in green and two lacey astors in yellow followed by the cherished centre in green. I always use hot glue to put my flowers together after shaping them a little.
  10. The leaves I die cut out of plain white card and coloured them using distress inks listed above and affixed them around my lavish bloom.
For more ideas do pop over to the blog at Crafting from the Heart to see what the rest of our design team have created and don't forget to join in the fun and enter your own creation.
Can I also say that we have a Facebook page, where there is other ' just for fun' challenges, so if you are not already a member of the group, I urge you to pop over and join us.
 
The winners and Top 3 from the last challenge can be found here.
 
Thank you for stopping by. See you again I hope and do take care.


3 comments:

  1. fun and great card Kandy.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the scarecrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kandis, a beautiful card, just love the image and beautiful colours. Thank you for a fabulous challenge this week.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete