Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Saturday 29 June 2013

Under The Sea




Hi everyone, hope you are all well today.

Today's post has been made for the craftateers website.  When Sheila first told me I think my reply was 'WHAT, who the dickens chose that?'  Then I was muttering about poor Chris to myself.  Then I had to do some serious thinking, finally I had decided to design something in Serif until Kathy reminded me that we had received some stamps from Dimension Stamps Project Club last year that included fishes etc.  So, I stopped muttering about poor Chris, bless her, and decided Kathy was a genius and 'fished' my stamps out - do you get it - fish, fished......!!!!!
 

'I began with a C5 centura pearl card followed by a piece of co'ordinations whitewash card which I ran through my embossilicious embossing folder and sanded down.  I then die cut a piece of white card using wonkie squares spellbinders, 'fished' my bark embossing folder out, inked up one side with distress inks stormy sky, placed my die cut, still in the die, onto the bark with cut side up.  I then ran it through my GC to get the inky sea effect inside the die.  That was followed by cutting a faux die using pale blue card.
 
I stamped  4 fish,2 seahorses and 4 starfish, cut them out, coloured them in using spectrum noirs and placed them on my card.  The fishes and seahorse have been decoupaged - one layer.   All finished off with my starfish and sentiment.
 
Wasn't so bad after all and thanks to Chris and Kathy I have used a stamp set which I hadn't used before and forgotten about.
 
Hope you like it.  Take care.
 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card Kandis, fab composition too. Loe the quirky sentiment. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete