Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Thursday 13 June 2013

Simon - Cool Dude


Good evening fellow crafters and lovely followers.  Yippee, Thursday again and my weekend starts,  Is it just me or are these weeks going quickly!
 
Now I am not one for making men's cards, I do find them very difficult so when I saw this digi stamp called Simon from Mo's Digital Pencil I just had to have it.   
 
I used my copic ciao pens to colour him in and he is a delight to colour.  I then diecut him out and stencilled around the edges using marmalade distress inks.
 
 
 
The backing paper was from my crafty stash and I think it was from a magazine, Making Cards.  I matted my backing paper onto some beautiful orange pearlescent card which I also used as a mat for my sweet Simon.  I embossed a strip of white card using a brick effect and made a sort of bookmark which I distressed again using marmalade distress inks.  I added a sentiment which has been stamped but I can't remember where that stamp came from.  I then finished it all off with some card candi.
 
Hope you like.  Thanks for stopping by.  Do take care and see you all soon I hope.
 
I have entered this card into the following challenge: -
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous image and card!
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colored image and card design.

    regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying round the blogs tonight playing catch up on all the wonderful creations!
    This is a great card for a man!
    You could enter it in the challenges at The Crafting Cafe & Crafting for all Seasons!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the image!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super image, coloured beautifully, love those background papers - great card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, brilliant, like this one Kandis. Well thought out, great colouring again. Definitely a hit! Have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image and so beautifully colored, nice rich colors! So glad you joined us for our Here Comes the Boys challenge at The Crafting Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful male realization. Beautiful paper and embossing. Bravo !
    Good work !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, I love the image & the stone background really stands out x
    Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That´s such a lovely project for a men. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting for all Seasons. Tomorrow we will start a new one. Perhaps you will join in again :o) xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafting Cafe xx

    ReplyDelete