Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Friday 23 March 2018

Botanica




Hi folks, My last day of me hols today, back to work Monday - boo hoo.

My play today is using a technique I saw Francoise Read from Woodware shows on Hochanda using.  I had used tissue paper before but not for stamping and as I have just received my lovely new DL stamps from Phill Martin it seemed a perfect time to try this technique out.

I cut a piece of tissue paper, stamped my design onto it and dried it off.  I then sprayed inked it using ink misters and dried that off.  Sods law when I wanted some blobs I didn't get any but I am still pleased with it.  I then inked with what I thought was a clear ink pad but I messed up and used a white one so I carried on and then embossed that with clear embossing powder.  I then trimmed it down and fixed it to a piece of white card which dries clear glue.  I then decided I wasn't happy with the shine so I re-inked it with versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder not really knowing what would happen given it was already stuck to the card.  It actually embossed beautifully.

Products I have used are: -

White card blank - 8.25" x 4.50"
Black card - 8" x 4.25
White card - 7.75" x 4.0"
Tissue paper
Black Versafine Ink
Versamark
Clear embossing powder
Flag dies from Sue Wilson
Sentiment - John Lockwood Primrose Elements stamp set

I am quite pleased with the result, simple but nice, plus the design would be ideal for male cards.

Thanks for visiting today.  Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete