Good morning fellow crafters. Monday has arrived again and that means work. Still if I don't work I don't get paid and then I can't by crafting goodies - there has to be some ups to Monday.
Of course there is a super new challenge over at Crafting from the Heart. The challenge is 'Anything Goes/Use Red.
Here is my very first DT sample as I was lucky enough to be accepted onto the design team.
More good news - from 3rd March the challenge goes to a Weekly challenge - so I hope that has cheered up your Monday.
My Shopping List
Dilly Beans Digi Stamp - Pinky's Skull Bow
Copics - E0000|E000|E02|E11|B93|R32|R35|R37|YR24|C3|C5|C7
White card base | red card | white centura with a hint of silver/gold
Xcut heart die
Tonic petal pairs punches
Fired Brick distress ink
Rocket Red Brilliance Ink
Clear embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer Berry Red PVA
Heart Embossing Folder
- I started with a C5 plain white card.
- I then cut down a piece of red card, stamped it with a swirl stamp and versamark before clear embossing it.
- I die cut two hearts using my Xcut heart dies and ran them both through my heart embossing folder.
- I coloured Pinky's Skull Bow digi stamp using the copics listed above and cut her out.
- I secure the hearts with wet glue and Pinky with pinflair to add some height.
- I die cut some flourishes using a signature flourish die, white card and black card and secured them to my card using cosmic shimmer dries clear glue.
- My little flowers were punched using tonic petal pair set 2. I cut 4 for each flower, shaped them with a ball tool and secured them with hot glue. I brushed them with fired brick distress ink and finally in the centre I used a 'blob' of cosmic shimmer berry red pva.
I hope you like my first sample, if you want to see others why not pop over to Crafting from the Heart Blog for some more ideas from the other design team members. Don't forget to join in the challenge whilst you are over there. There are some super prizes to be won.
Can I also say that we have a Facebook page, where there is other just for fun challenges, so if you are not already a member of the group, I urge you to pop over and join us.
The winners and Top 3 from the last challenge can be found here.