A couple of months ago I picked up an exceptional deal in 5x7 cards and envelopes. At the time I did wonder at my purchase as it is a size I don't normally use however, having invested in the 5x7 matting basics sets from spellbinders I am please I bought the envelopes, matting and layering is certainly easy. So apologies in advance for my future excessive use.
My Shopping List
5x7 plain white card blank
Red card from bit box
Spellbinders - 5x7 matting basics
Ovals & scalloped ovals
Cosmic shimmer ruby blush blaze embossing powder
Cosmic shimmer black glue
Justrite floral thank you stamps
Chloe swirly vine stamps
Distress ink - fired brick
Couture creations intrinsic embossing folder
- cut a piece of black card using large 5x7 matting basics die then pricked around the edges
- cut another piece of white card using 5x7 matting basics die, stamped and embossed Chloe's leaf stamp, embossing using ruby blaze embossing powder. Then emboss using couture intrinsic embossing folder. To finish and make it pop, distress around the edges with fired brick distress ink.
- Stamp and emboss with ruby blaze embossing powder main flower image from Justrite floral thank you stamps. Die cut using oval spellbinders, mat onto black card die cut using spellbinders scalloped oval die.
- Die cut leaves using leaf die from Sweet Juliet spellbinder die.
- Punch 3 black petals and 6 red petals using Tonic petal punch, shape and glue together.