Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Thursday 19 November 2015

Christmas Gift Mermaid

Good morning crafters and followers.  Thursday has arrived again, a day I love I have to admit but that is because my weekend starts once I finish work at 4ish.

We start a new challenge today at Crafty Girls Challenge.

Challenge 9 theme is 'Anything Goes'

Our Sponsor is



The image I have used for this challenge is called 'Christmas Gift Mermaid'.

I always print my images out in Serif Craft Artist.  This time I took my image into the cutout studio and removed the white in the dress/trail.  I then inserted a piece of material, gold and lacy, behind my image and printed her out.

I coloured her in using a mixture of copic sketch pens and sakura gel pens, inked around the edges with Tim Holtz ink and matted my image onto some red mirri  card..

Because I had printed my image out quite large, this time I actually made my card base around my design so it is an unusual size, but then I intend this card to be hand delivered so will be making a box.

I have matted some cream card, pricked around the edges, onto a cream card base, followed by some red mirri card.  I used some red crinkle organza ribbon around the middle and then placed my topper onto my card.

I have had a tattered lace bow maker for some time but for some reason today it all just clicked and I made a lovely bow, even if I do say so myself.  I topped my bow with a flower made using the christmas rose stamp from Chloe Creative Cards and embossing in gold WOW powders.

The two die cut flourishes were cut using gold mirri and Sue Wilson dies and I finished off my card with nuvo tonic pearl drops in red.

Why not join us on the challenge blog to see more ideas from the rest of our design team and to enter your own creation into our challenge, just follow the link HERE.

Thank you for stopping by.  Hope to see you again very soon.

TAKE CARE.

I have entered this card into the following challenge: -


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kandy, love the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable mermaid, I love the paper you used for her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image and fab design, love the bow in the die, Beautiful
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see a Christmas mermaid great card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an Attitude. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete