Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Friday 20 December 2013

Last Minue Christmas from Stamping Dragon Designs

Good morning crafters and followers.  Hope you are all well today?  How's the Christmas prep coming on?  Not long now, only 4 more days to Christmas day.

My post today is my DT design for SDD challenge.  Last of this year but don't worry we start again in January.

The design for this card is actually a card kit and I chose to cut it all apart but for beginners it would be ideal as a starter card, all you would need is a base card, scissors and glue.  Ofcourse you have probably already finished your Christmas cards but just in case, our challenge today is for last minute cards, decs etc.

Shopping List

Centura Pearl Card Base - C5
Red card
Gold Mirri Card
Jiggy in the Bauble Card Kit
Spellbinders DLites - Sprigs

I first took my sheet of images into Serif Craft Artist 2. I cropped a portion of the striped section, then using the stamp mode stamped 3 strips. This was one A4 page.

I started another page, added my image sheet, cropped the top section consisting of the image in the circle.  I also cropped the flowers so I could print off two sets of those, 1 image of the sentiment and two sets of the round image.  I then printed those two sheets off.

I matted my red card onto my card base.  I cut down two pieces of the striped section and matted those onto gold mirri card.

I cut out one full image of Jiggy in the Bauble and matted him onto some red card and then gold mirri card.  I then cut out just Jiggy and then just Jiggy's head and santa hat and decoupaged him up.  I finished him off with a glue stick and white glitter on his hat.

I then turned my attention to the flowers.  I cut them out, gave them a spray with gold glitter spray, put a small gold brad in the middle of them all and shaped them a little with my shaping tool.  I die cut my sprigs out in both green and gold and then placed them all onto my card with hot glue.

I topped it off with the sentiment from Jiggy in the Bauble Card Kit.

Hope this gives you some thoughts on how to use the card kits, they can be so useful to have in your stash for when you lose your mojo a little.

Don't forget to pop over to the shop and check out the beautiful digi stamp and papers at such brilliant prices - just follow the links.

The prize for the winner is a £5 voucher to the
You may want to check out the following too: -
Links:

STORE: Stamping Dragon Design: http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/

Challenge blog: Stamping with the Dragon: http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.ie/

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/427447597324391/

Sister blog: The Dragons Den: http://stampingdragondesigns.blogspot.ie/

Take care and see you soon and don't forget this challenge runs until the 9th January 2014 so you will have extra time to enter.
 
Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment