Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Friday 11 October 2013

Circles - Stamping Dragon Challenge



Hello crafters and followers.  Are you having a good day?

My post today was a challenge for me as I am not known for doing shaped cards and my Stamping Dragon DT challenge was 'circles'.  So I decided to go hybrid and use Craft Artist.

My shopping list
Digi Stamp- Circles Floral Flame
Backing Papers from Lemonade Paper Pack
Serif Craft Artist 2
Sizzix flourishes
Spellbinders Sun kissed Fleur stamps and die.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - tea dye
Copic Ciao - Y02 | YR04
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - Tropic Yellow Lustre

I started with blank 8x8 page and the imported my two backing papers, placed on of them onto my page and stamped out my circle.  I them imported the digi stamp, used the cutout facility to cut out the centre of the digi stamp and when I was happy with that I then converted my digi stamp into an intelligent frame.  This meant that when I imported my photograph I could just drop it into my digi stamp frame.  Before I placed my photograph in I did change the colour of the frame.

My 2nd backing paper I used to punch out a couple more circles, roughened the edges and placed them behind my digi stamp frame.  I then printed it all out onto card and cut around the circle.

I used my copics to do a bit of colouring around the edges of my digi stamp and frame plus the butterflies.  Placed it onto a 8x8 card and cut around that too. I was then ready for my embellishments which are the spellbinders sunkissed fleur stamps and die plus the cosmic shimmer embossing powders all topped off with sizzix flourishes in brown card.

Thank you for checking out my blog and don't forget to visit and enter the challenge here.

The prize for the winner is a £5 voucher to the


You may want to check out the following too: -
Links:

STORE: Stamping Dragon Design: http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/

Challenge blog: Stamping with the Dragon: http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.ie/

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/427447597324391/

Sister blog: The Dragons Den: http://stampingdragondesigns.blogspot.ie/

Take care. See you soon.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely design, great colours, super card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Great idea to make a hybrid card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, hun, very simple but effective, fabulous shape, xxx

    ReplyDelete